22 May 2017

that was the week that was: zwei


This week I'm reading...well, this week I've just finished two books which is pretty unusual for me as I never find the time to read, but having just got back from a trip to Ibiza where all I did was flop down on a beach all day I can cross two off my list. I finished off Jess Philips' book Everywoman, which I'm 100% 50/50 about. I really can't decide whether I hated it or loved it. I also read Their Finest Hour and a Half by Lissa Evans which I know I hated. It's just been turned into a film - "Their Finest" - which I think I might like, but the book was incredibly dull and I couldn't wait for it to be over. 

This week I'm researching...things to do in London for when I finally move back there. If anyone has any ideas then please throw them my way, I'm all ears. 



This week I'm nursing....a bad case of sunburn. I've been so careful in the sun for the past ten years I've barely suffered with sun burn at all but I massively fucked up on holiday and only took factor 20 with me. It's safe to say I could have done with factor 50 at least. Now I have to spend most of my time with a peeling nose and an itchy back, all of which is completely my own fault.

This week I'm drinking...quite a few cocktails to be honest. Look out for a few more bar reviews from recent places I've visited in London, even if the pictures will be a little dodgy. Here's to bringing back iPhone photography on blogs, that's my only excuse. 



This week I'm looking forward to...spending some time with my Granny before she goes on holiday to see her brother in Devon. She's honestly one of the best people in the world, and since my Grandad died last year nothing has been the same. I want to spend as much time as possible with her because she means the absolute world to me. 

This week I'm worrying about...starting driving lessons. I mentioned last week that I'd be starting, and I've managed to find an instructor that will give me some pretty intensive courses over a week's period. It's been nearly nine years since I was last attempting to be behind the wheel of a car and when I told my Dad that I'd be doing some lessons, he spent a lot of time laughing. My Mum, bless her, has also insured me on her brand new car that she possibly loves more than she loves me, so that could quite easily end in tears. 


This week I'm loving...a few new Body Shop products which I've got hold of. I've really started to like their skincare range and I'm a big fan of their cream cleansers, so I've decided I'm going to branch out and give a couple of their serums a try too. 

This week I'm watching...all of the soaps I missed last week when I was on holiday. I'm one episode down on A Murder in the Family on Channel 4 and I'm already hooked, and my Mum keeps nagging me to watch Three Girls too, so there's a lot to get round to!

What are you up to this week?

Share:

2 comments

  1. How exciting that you're moving back to London! With the weather being this amazing as it is right now, all the tips I can think of are a) beer gardens and b) rooftops. I personally really want to go here: Pergola on the Roof!

    Laura // Middle of Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah amazing.. I can't believe you got two books read in such a short amount of time. I love reading and each summer I promise myself that I will read lots but I always get sidetracked with other things, so annoying! You have a lovely blog here, well done on all your hard work pretty lady! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig