26 May 2017

a little anti-haul.

anti-haul


I am loving everyone's anti-haul posts and I've been reading them avidly, so I knew I was gonna have to do one of my own. If you've not seen one - it's basically describing the things you wouldn't buy. In a blogging world where we always talk about the things you would buy, sometimes it's nice to hear the exact opposite. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing everyone else's recommendations, but occasionally it's nice to get a bit of relief. It all started with Kimberly Clarke on YouTube so full credit to her, but I first saw it on Rebecca's blog.

So without further ado, here are a few of the things I wouldn't be buying. 


Pixi Double Cleanse

This is a bit of a cheat as I've just finished a pot of it, so I have bought it, but I have to say I doubt I'd ever buy it again. I loved the idea of having a two in one - a cleansing balm and a cream cleanser - but in reality, it just wasn't that great. The balm was nowhere near as great as my favourite from Clinique, and the cream was no better than a vaguely cheap one I use. You get the same amounts of both, but you're expected to use only the balm at night but the cream in the morning and night, meaning you run out of one quicker than the other. The only time I've really liked this product was when I've travelled anywhere because it cut down on packaging and carrying two items rather than one. For me, it was just massively over hyped. 

Cold Shoulders

I don't know whether it's just because I'm getting on a bit or what, but I just don't get it. I spend half my life feeling cold and desperately trying to warm up, so why would I want to buy something that is literally described as cold? Also, I have broad shoulders - "swimmer's shoulders" - and I just can't see them working for me. Plus I swear I spend too much time internet window shopping and seeing cold shoulder tees and thinking: "oh if only I could sew up those shoulders..."

Chokers

Does anyone have those weird things that rationally they know make no sense? Like, I can't have a shower unless I've brushed my teeth, no exception. I'm the same with anything going near my neck, I feel like I'm choking even though of course, I'm not. I even feel suffocated if I see someone else with a neck tattoo, I think I'd probably conk out if I had to wear a choker. 

Holes

I mean holes in t-shirts especially. Jeans I can just about handle, but I don't understand why I would want to buy a t-shirt that looks like it's been attacked by moths in a wardrobe. Old? Me? Yep, probably. 

Liz Earle Products

I once had some samples of Liz Earle stuff and nothing has ever broken me out quite like them. If I bought them I'd go back to looking like the massively spotty teen I was ten years ago. I can think of much more enjoyable ways to get spots (a ridiculous amount of chocolate, pizza and alcohol for example) rather than spending God knows how much on a cleanser. 

Sliders

For some reason, my ASOS recommendations are full of sliders and I feel like they're desperately trying to push them on to me. They just look like the middle aged man version of flip flops to me, I just don't geddit.

Anything you agree with? What wouldn't you buy?


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig