12 April 2017

creme egg rocky road | a recipe.

 creme egg rocky road recipe

creme egg rocky road recipe


I know it can be quite a controversial topic, but how does everyone like to eat their creme eggs? Personally, I actually quite like them smashed up into a McFlurry, especially if I can dunk my fries into that McFlurry but we're starting to stray into a different topic of conversation, and I'm aware that that's not exactly the usual choice.

So in the interests of being vaguely normal, I thought I'd try my creme eggs a different way this year, and make a pretty wonderful creme egg rocky road instead - after all, one of my favourite things about Easter is that you can go completely over the top when it comes to using chocolate in baking and no one will even bat an eyelid. Yesssssss.  


creme egg rocky road recipe


Recipe:

Ingredients:

  • 150g unsalted butter
  • 400g milk chocolate
  • 2 tbsp golden syrup
  • 150g crumbled digestive biscuits
  • 100g marshmallows
  • 200g mini creme eggs
  • 6 creme eggs
  • 100g white chocolate
  • Yellow food dye
  • 5 tablespoons icing sugar 


Method:

  • Chop the milk chocolate up into small squares. 
  • Melt the butter and pour over the milk chocolate and stir to melt. 
  • Leave to cool slightly then add the golden syrup, crumbled biscuits and marshmallows. 
  • Wait until the chocolate is cool before adding the whole mini creme eggs.
  • Spoon the mixture into a lined tray.
  • Break up the creme eggs into rough pieces and place over the top of the rocky road.
  • Cool in the fridge for twenty minutes
  • Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the top of the rocky road.
  • Make some yellow icing sugar with sugar and yellow food dye and drizzle over the top of the chocolate.
  • Allow to cool in the fridge before serving!



So give it a little go and let me know what you think. Oh and I'll have another recipe for Easter up this week, this time with mini eggs. Keep an eye out for that one. 

Annie x
Share:

1 comment

  1. Holy crap, this looks to die for. I love rocky road, it's been so long since I've had some too.

    To answer your question, I eat the chocolate of the creme egg first, then the creme. I remember Cadbury's had an ad a while ago and it showed people eating them in different ways. One girl dipped chips in the creme... do you know the ad I'm talking about?? lol

    - Iona

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig