8 February 2017

mini baileys salted caramel chocolate tarts | a recipe.

mini baileys salted caramel chocolate tart recipe

My approach to baking seems to be to stare at my kitchen cupboards long enough to work out what I can make from the ingredients I have. I will do anything to stop myself from walking to Tesco, even if I do only live next door. These Baileys salted caramel chocolate tarts come from one of those moments - I had one of these salted caramel pots sitting around in my fridge which was just asking to be used. I'd also put a bet on lots of people having a bottle of Bailey's kicking about in the house too, perhaps a leftover relic from Christmas.

mini baileys salted caramel chocolate tart recipe

mini baileys salted caramel chocolate tart recipe

You can mix your approach to these quite easily. For example, if you want to make something a little fancy but don't have a lot of time, you can buy the pastry cases and the salted caramel without too much of an issue and then instead of baking, it's more of a case of assembling. But neither of those things are actually all that difficult to make either. It's entirely up to whatever you feel up to and what your time constraints are.

Let me know if you give them a try, they're incredible, promise.

Annie x




Ingredients:

Pastry:

  • 350 g flour
  • 125 g butter
  • 125 g sugar
  • 2 eggs + 1 yolk
  • pinch of salt


Caramel:

  • 1 tin (379g) caramel condensed milk
  • 1 tbsp sea salt


Ganache:

  • 150ml double cream 
  • 100g dark chocolate
  • 100ml baileys


Method:

  • Pre-heat your oven to 180c
  • Measure flour into a medium mixing bowl
  • Rub cold butter through the flour 
  • Add the sugar and pinch of salt and combine
  • Add the eggs and yolk and mix
  • Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough comes together
  • Wrap in cling film and leave in the fridge for 20 minutes
  • Roll pastry out onto a lightly floured surface and roll until 1cm thick
  • Grease eight tart tins (muffin tins work well too)
  • Use a circle cutter and cut out pastry the right size for your tin
  • Blind bake for 15minutes
  • Brush the pastry shell with egg wash and return to the oven until golden
  • In a medium bowl mix the caramel condensed milk with the sea salt
  • When the tarts have cooled, spread a layer of caramel on the tart base
  • Put in the fridge while you make your ganache
  • Melt the chocolate in a large bowl
  • Leave the chocolate to come to room temperature
  • Pour in the cream and the Baileys
  • Whisk until you get a thick ganache
  • Spoon the ganache on top of the caramel
  • Leave to set in the fridge overnight 
Share:

2 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, these look incredible!!! x
    Sophie Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy - these look amazing! I'm the same as you, I rummage around to make things out of what I've got - anything to save myself a trip to the supermarket. Doh.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig